Kevin Feige’s response when asked if Marvel is open to a Black Panther movie or a movie with a female lead.
Excuses. “Matter of when”, “matter of juggling franchises”. But it’s so easy to throw up Ant Man and Guardians of the Galaxy? One movie that nobody wanted and another movie that appears to have no connection at all to the current MCU? But as long as there are white male leads, you can make all the plans you want. Give me a break.
When will it ever be the precise, correct time for a blockbuster superhero movie with a black lead? Or a female lead? Or god forbid a woman of color? When?
Now. The answer is now. The time is now. Get the fuck off your high horse, Kevin Feige, and start acknowledging us as people.
This is so accurate. At school, we literally have children who will watch our facial expressions to see if them falling is as bad as they think it might be.
CORRECT CHILD INJURY PROCEDURE:
- do not react. at the most, maybe wince and go “ooooh”
- go over to the child to assess panic level and severity of injury
- if they’re like, dying, remain calm, but they’re probably not.
- look them in the eye and ask, “you okay?” they will nod. possibly all teary-eyed. then ask, “are we gonna need to cut it off?”
- the child is thrown off. if they giggle, you’re in the money. if they do not, put a bandaid on and do some sympathetic patting. they are probably a little teary. let the sad little bug sit out for a minute. they will quickly get bored.
- works every time
"sad little bug" is the cutest and most accurate term ive heard used to describe a child because sometimes bugs are kinda super cute sometimes bugs are really fucking annoying and sometimes bugs are downright TERRIFYING